A client asked me the other day how to manage a Magento refund. Magento is a great eCommerce software and has a lot of functionality, and refunds/credit memos is one of them.
First off here is a link to an article explaining exactly how to do it. http://www.cpmagento.com/knowledgebase.php?action=showEntry&data=1056
Basically here is the gist of it.
- Login to the admin
- Click on “Sales -> Orders”
- Click on the Order you want to refund
- On the left click “Invoices” and click on the Invoice you want to refund
- Click “Credit Memo”
- Enter the item quantities you want to refund, then click “Update Qty’s”
- Click the “Refund” button at the bottom
Once done, wait a few minutes then login to Paypal, Authorize.net etc.. and check for the refund.
If you have any questions please contact us!